Sunday, June 05, 2011

A Smile of the Day....




   A physician told this story about her then four-year-old daughter. On the way to preschool, the doctor had left her stethoscope on the car seat, and her little girl picked it up and began playing with it. Be still, my heart, thought my friend, my daughter wants to follow in my footsteps!
     Then the child spoke into the instrument: "Welcome to McDonald's. May I take your order?"



   After putting her children to bed, a mother changed into old slacks and a droopy blouse and proceeded to wash her hair. As she heard the children getting more and more rambunctious, her patience grew thin.
     At last she threw a towel around her head and stormed into their room, putting them back to bed with stern warnings.
     As she left the room, she heard her three-year-old say with a trembling voice, "Who was that?"





photo:gb

2 comments:

Teresa Evangeline said...

Thank you for the good laughs. Kids are so funny.

I trust the little girl with the stethoscope will reach higher eventually.

Who was that? I'm still laughing...

Wanda..... said...

You put a big smile on my face, Grethe.

Just as I was about to open your blog yesterday, a big area here in Ohio lost internet service for 26 hours.

Your fun post was worth the wait!